Audit Strategy Maps – ISO 9001
– enhanced audit performance by means of focused audit control –
This consulting module supports clients in effectively controlling their audit processes and in establishing a “managed-audit” process architecture in line with the capability maturity model integration (CMMI) process-improvement approach.
Along with its clients, ARC formulates an audit strategy map for primary and secondary processes along the auditing function’s added-value chain. In this process, ARC consultants employ the balanced-scorecard model developed by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. The ARC team has expanded this basic model by means of audit strategy maps and modules in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard related to quality-management systems as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This facilitates a flexible form of adaptation for comprehensive control of an internal audit in conformance with the requirements regarding quality assessment defined in the national and international audit standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the IIA Austria, the German Institute for Internal Auditing (Deutsches Institut für Interne Revision = DIIR) and the Institute of Internal Auditing Switzerland = IIAS / Schweizerischer Verband für Interne Revision = SVIR).
- Starting point: strategy maps
- Strategic localization of audit operations on the basis of company-specific requirements
- Current trends in process management within the audit function and various options for its design
- The balanced scorecard (BSC) as a control instrument for the internal audit function
- Focus options regarding a risk-oriented audit strategy map with respect to audit processes
- Analysis of cause-and-effect chains within internal audit operations from four analytical perspectives: staff, processes, audit stakeholders and finances
- Practical examples for active comparison from peer-review audits
- Portfolio of proven-in-practice indicators for varying control perspectives: budgeting, audit-process quality, staff development and training, demand for audit services and client perspective
- Approaches for direct implementation in an operative audit-practice environment – including within the framework of an audit case study
- Preparation for ISO 9001 certification
- Integration and implementation of the control methods learned – with regard to course participants’ own company audit environment
About the ARC Institute
With the Audit Research Center, the ARC Institute provides important impulses for the further development of the audit industry. The focus is on networking science and practice. The focus is on further and new development in cooperation with auditors, companies and associations in order to maintain practical relevance and to develop methods, tools and concepts that can be implemented. The results developed in dialogue with industry experts serve as a guideline and adaptation options in practice today, in order to increase the overall benefit of the company in the long term and sustainably with innovative auditing work.
In the spirit of thought leadership, the ARC Institute and the Audit Research Center stand for topic leadership and forward thinking in the area of internal auditing.
Currently, the ARC Institute supports not only leading supranational institutions in the context of research, consulting and personnel development projects, but also numerous listed companies in the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Each open training day is 890,- Euro plus VAT when booking the modules individually. Inhouse training conditions are based on individual pricing and travel expenses. After receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation of registration with invoice. Please pay the registration fee directly after receiving the invoice. The registration fee does not include 19 % VAT. The price includes participation in the lectures of the booked event, lunch, coffee breaks and seminar documents.
Employees and managerial staff from the internal audit function
Interactive presentation, discussion, group projects, practical exercises, case studies, retrospective summary
Training / Training / Consulting period:
Bookings are based on an audit-situation analysis as well as a personal preliminary meeting (workshops generally cover 2 days of instruction, audit performance/support determined by circumstances).
Would you like more details about ARC’s Audit Training & Consulting Services, or do you wish to book an appointment with its team? Please address your e-mail inquiry to Info@ARC-Institute.com or phone us at +49-2159-6945-904