Intercultural Communication Competence
– An essential skill for today’s international internal auditors –
Intercultural communication competence is a mandatory skill for today’s internal auditors. Understanding how culture influences the audit process and learning effective communication techniques and strategies increase personal success and the results of each audit. The roles of national, functional and organizational structure and impact of behavior, language and emotion will equip you to achieve successful communication with all levels within the organization.
From the audit announcement to the closing meeting, culture impacts how or whether audit objectives are achieved. Increasing awareness and practicing intercultural mindfulness will lead to more effective discussions and reconciliations of audit findings and recommendations. This learning will also contribute to successful communication within an internationally based audit team.
- Increase intercultural awareness in the audit environment
- Increase ability to deal with audit clients and colleagues from different cultures
- Learn strategies and techniques to communicate effectively in dynamic, often challenging, environments
- Understand how diversity contributes to the achievement of better audit results
- Culture and audit: aspects and impact
- Intercultural Theory: 7 Dimensions from Trompenaars-Hampden-Turner
- Reconciliation of communication dilemmas
- Impact of behavior, language, emotions and reactions on agreement of findings and recommendations
- Impact of culture of audit client “Moments of Truth” such as interviewing and presenting audit findings
- Techniques and strategies to build positive business relationships
- Role of cultural awareness, behaviour, and language on relationships and audit results
About the ARC Institute
With the Audit Research Center, the ARC Institute provides important impulses for the further development of the audit industry. The focus is on networking science and practice. The focus is on further and new development in cooperation with auditors, companies and associations in order to maintain practical relevance and to develop methods, tools and concepts that can be implemented. The results developed in dialogue with industry experts serve as a guideline and adaptation options in practice today, in order to increase the overall benefit of the company in the long term and sustainably with innovative auditing work.
In the spirit of thought leadership, the ARC Institute and the Audit Research Center stand for topic leadership and forward thinking in the area of internal auditing.
Currently, the ARC Institute supports not only leading supranational institutions in the context of research, consulting and personnel development projects, but also numerous listed companies in the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Each open training day is 890,- Euro plus VAT when booking the modules individually. Inhouse training conditions are based on individual pricing and travel expenses. After receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation of registration with invoice. Please pay the registration fee directly after receiving the invoice. The registration fee does not include 19 % VAT. The price includes participation in the lectures of the booked event, lunch, coffee breaks and seminar documents.
Audit Managers, Internal Auditors
Interactive discussions, group work, practical exercises and activities, roleplays with group and trainer feedback
Training / Training / Consulting period:
Would you like more details about ARC’s Audit Training & Consulting Services, or do you wish to book an appointment with its team? Please address your e-mail inquiry to Info@ARC-Institute.com or phone us at +49-2159-6945-904