Stakeholder Management and Communication for Internal Audit Management
– Achieving greater results throughout the audit process –
Communication skills are essential for internal auditors working internationally, across cultures and languages. Each point in the audit process has touchpoints with stakeholders, where cooperation and agreement depend on successful relationships, persuasive audit findings, and communication skills of the auditors.
This workshop focuses on understanding how to communicate with stakeholders including senior management and the Board. Stakeholder needs, effectiveness of relationships and the role of audit are examined. Audit reports, presentations and meetings are examined with a focus on getting cooperation, minimizing the reconciliation process and achieving desired audit results. Discussion and resolution of current pain points, criticisms and challenges will ensure IA management needs are addressed.
Participants are invited to bring samples of audit reports and/or board presentations. A follow-up group web-coaching session may take place two months after the workshop so that participants may ask questions and get feedback on current communication challenges.
- Learn communication techniques and strategies for the internal audit function
- Develop strategies to overcome current pain points, criticisms and challenges
- Increase IA management’s ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Develop strategies to promote more effective communication within the IA team
- Communicating in an audit environment
- Presentation and discussion of relevant communication theories
- The role of audit within the organisation and impact on communication
- Influencing stakeholders
- Getting clarity on stakeholders and their needs
- Paint points, criticisms and challenges to achieving desired audit results
- An effective report writing process
- Impact of language and culture on audit report writing
- Persuading in writing for auditors
- Building efficiency into the current audit report writing process
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement in report writing
- Managing challenging situations
- Preparing and delivering a presentation to senior management/the Board
- Strategies to reduce discussion and increase agreement on findings and recommendations during meetings
- Resolving disagreements and dealing with objections
Distinguished example of our ARC senior management trainers
About the ARC Institute
With the Audit Research Center, the ARC Institute provides important impulses for the further development of the audit industry. The focus is on networking science and practice. The focus is on further and new development in cooperation with auditors, companies and associations in order to maintain practical relevance and to develop methods, tools and concepts that can be implemented. The results developed in dialogue with industry experts serve as a guideline and adaptation options in practice today, in order to increase the overall benefit of the company in the long term and sustainably with innovative auditing work.
In the spirit of thought leadership, the ARC Institute and the Audit Research Center stand for topic leadership and forward thinking in the area of internal auditing.
Currently, the ARC Institute supports not only leading supranational institutions in the context of research, consulting and personnel development projects, but also numerous listed companies in the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Terms of participation and price
Each open training day is 890,- Euro plus VAT when booking the modules individually. Inhouse training conditions are based on individual pricing and travel expenses. After receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation of registration with invoice. Please pay the registration fee directly after receiving the invoice. The registration fee does not include 19 % VAT. The price includes participation in the lectures of the booked event, lunch, coffee breaks and seminar documents.
At a glance
Audit Managers, Internal Auditors
Interactive discussions, group work, practical exercises and activities, mini-presentations, writing practice, feedback and coaching
Training / Training / Consulting period:
Would you like more details about ARC’s Audit Training & Consulting Services, or do you wish to book an appointment with its team? Please address your e-mail inquiry to Info@ARC-Institute.com or phone us at +49-2159-6945-904