Fraud Investigation & Prevention Audit
– support, education and awareness-raising regarding fraud & red flags –
The central aspect of this consultancy module consists of the acquaintance with, understanding and application of specific audit methodologies for solving cases of fraudulent activity. Special audit investigations require knowledge in the handling of criminal evidence, the performance of skilled interview techniques as well as personal profiling in search of criminal motives. These are necessary for achieving quality resolution of possibly malicious acts within the company’s environment.
Prompt as well as coordinated action according to clear company-internal structures of cooperation among the organization’s various stakeholder groups ensures the successful resolution of such cases. The achievement of this goal calls for detailed preparation and/or cooperative efforts with qualified experts. ARC assists its clients in preparing themselves for the task and accompanies them through urgent situations such as conducting difficult interviews, the handling of pertinent evidence or interface management with legal entities.
At the same time, ARC teams up with clients in establishing a preventive, risk-oriented fraud landscape. The company’s consultants can show constituents the typical errors from practical examples among various companies in numerous branches of business.
- Fraud management / special audit examinations as a best-practice audit process
- The course of instruction teaches the progression of a special audit examination along a proven-in-practice process workflow. At the same time, particular complications and uncertainties within a practical environment are illustrated.
- Judicial elements of a special audit investigation which are to be observed
- Legally watertight methodologies for conducting a fraud investigation
- Admissibility and applicability of evidence
- Countermeasures for preventing fraudulent activities
- Skills for conducting discussions and interview techniques for fraud-investigation audits
- Factors of success with regard to questioning about malicious activities
- Occasions for questioning and objectives intended
- Preparation and organization of local circumstances for questioning on the »hot seat«
- Conscious supervision of the interrogation procedure
- Typical complications and their remedy
- Empiric reports with regard to industrial espionage and its possible avoidance
- Employment of value and governance systems for avoiding fraudulent activity
About the ARC Institute
With the Audit Research Center, the ARC Institute provides important impulses for the further development of the audit industry. The focus is on networking science and practice. The focus is on further and new development in cooperation with auditors, companies and associations in order to maintain practical relevance and to develop methods, tools and concepts that can be implemented. The results developed in dialogue with industry experts serve as a guideline and adaptation options in practice today, in order to increase the overall benefit of the company in the long term and sustainably with innovative auditing work.
In the spirit of thought leadership, the ARC Institute and the Audit Research Center stand for topic leadership and forward thinking in the area of internal auditing.
Currently, the ARC Institute supports not only leading supranational institutions in the context of research, consulting and personnel development projects, but also numerous listed companies in the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Each open training day is 890,- Euro plus VAT when booking the modules individually. Inhouse training conditions are based on individual pricing and travel expenses. After receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation of registration with invoice. Please pay the registration fee directly after receiving the invoice. The registration fee does not include 19 % VAT. The price includes participation in the lectures of the booked event, lunch, coffee breaks and seminar documents.
Employees and managerial staff from the internal audit function
Interactive presentation, discussion, group projects, practical exercises, case studies, retrospective summary
Training / Training / Consulting period:
Bookings are based on an audit-situation analysis as well as a personal preliminary meeting (training generally covers 2-4 days of instruction, audit performance/support determined by circumstances).
Would you like more details about ARC’s Audit Training & Consulting Services, or do you wish to book an appointment with its team? Please address your e-mail inquiry to Info@ARC-Institute.com or phone us at +49-2159-6945-904