Added-Value Internal Auditing Chain
– effective and efficient arrangement of workflows and their interaction within the internal audit –
The goal of this consulting module is to become acquainted with and understand the added-value internal auditing chain along with its various options of configuration in primary and secondary sub-processes as well as the benefits and disadvantages which arise as a result.
ARC consultants provide support so that course participants can orient their own audit processes according to their individual company’s requirements. For this purpose, the interaction between supporting activities and core auditing activities – so-called primary activities – should be coordinated as optimally as possible. In this regard, particularly the respective form of organization and size of staff within the organizational structure are to be taken into account for the efficient and effective achievement of a target-focused audit result at the conclusion of the process chain.
Numerous previous consulting mandates enable ARC to provide course participants with various practical examples as reference models in a benchmarking comparison according to branch of business and focus of audit objectives.
- Starting point: fundamentals of the added-value chain according to Michael Eugene Porter
- The procedural system and interaction between internal audit’s primary and secondary activities in a practical environment
- Internal audit’s generic process models
- Illustration and discussion of various best-practice process chains and organizational forms regarding internal audit
- Practical comparison by means of benchmarking examples and orientation according to branch of business
- Analysis of framework parameters and the corporate network
- Orientation of the audit sub-processes according to company-specific requirements
- Determination of appropriate organizational forms for a company’s audit operations
- Support in the documentation of processes – for example, in an audit manual
- Specification of quality parameters
- Support of implementation upon request
About the ARC Institute
With the Audit Research Center, the ARC Institute provides important impulses for the further development of the audit industry. The focus is on networking science and practice. The focus is on further and new development in cooperation with auditors, companies and associations in order to maintain practical relevance and to develop methods, tools and concepts that can be implemented. The results developed in dialogue with industry experts serve as a guideline and adaptation options in practice today, in order to increase the overall benefit of the company in the long term and sustainably with innovative auditing work.
In the spirit of thought leadership, the ARC Institute and the Audit Research Center stand for topic leadership and forward thinking in the area of internal auditing.
Currently, the ARC Institute supports not only leading supranational institutions in the context of research, consulting and personnel development projects, but also numerous listed companies in the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Terms of participation and price
Each open training day is 890,- Euro plus VAT when booking the modules individually. Inhouse training conditions are based on individual pricing and travel expenses. After receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation of registration with invoice. Please pay the registration fee directly after receiving the invoice. The registration fee does not include 19 % VAT. The price includes participation in the lectures of the booked event, lunch, coffee breaks and seminar documents.
At a glance
Employees and managerial staff from the internal audit function
Interactive presentation, discussion, group projects, practical exercises, case studies, retrospective summary
Training / Training / Consulting period:
Bookings are based on an audit-situation analysis as well as a personal preliminary meeting (workshops generally cover 2-3 days of instruction, audit performance/support determined by circumstances).
Would you like more details about ARC’s Audit Training & Consulting Services, or do you wish to book an appointment with its team? Please address your e-mail inquiry to Info@ARC-Institute.com or phone us at +49-2159-6945-904