Intercultural Communication Competence
– An essential skill for today’s international internal auditors –
Intercultural communication competence is a mandatory skill for today’s internal auditors. Understanding how culture influences the audit process and learning effective communication techniques and strategies increase personal success and the results of each audit. The roles of national, functional and organizational structure and impact of behavior, language and emotion will equip you to achieve successful communication with all levels within the organization.
From the audit announcement to the closing meeting, culture impacts how or whether audit objectives are achieved. Increasing awareness and practicing intercultural mindfulness will lead to more effective discussions and reconciliations of audit findings and recommendations. This learning will also contribute to successful communication within an internationally based audit team.
- Increase intercultural awareness in the audit environment
- Increase ability to deal with audit clients and colleagues from different cultures
- Learn strategies and techniques to communicate effectively in dynamic, often challenging, environments
- Understand how diversity contributes to the achievement of better audit results
- Culture and audit: aspects and impact
- Intercultural Theory: 7 Dimensions from Trompenaars-Hampden-Turner
- Reconciliation of communication dilemmas
- Impact of behavior, language, emotions and reactions on agreement of findings and recommendations
- Impact of culture of audit client “Moments of Truth” such as interviewing and presenting audit findings
- Techniques and strategies to build positive business relationships
- Role of cultural awareness, behaviour, and language on relationships and audit results
Understand the importance of persuading and negotiating to achieve a successful audit outcome
- Learn and practice relevant strategies and tactics to negotiate in an audit environment
- Increase confidence and abilities when negotiating and resolving conflict in English
- Persuading and negotiating in an audit context
- Building rapport and relationships
- Understanding negotiation styles
- Planning and the negotiation process
- Resolving findings and stakeholder needs
- Employing negotiating tactics for auditors
- Dealing with difficult audit clients
- Overcoming resistance
CPA, Senior Management Trainer, Audit Research Center | ARC Institute
Bachelor of Arts, Honours Chartered Accountancy Studies
Since 2005, Tracie has trained hundreds of internal auditors from Germany, Europe, Africa and the US to communicate more effectively on an international stage. As a result, these auditors are able to communicate their key messages more clearly, concisely, and persuasively, resulting in agreement, action and positive change. Specialties include audit report writing, global communication competence, interviewing skills, reconciling findings with auditees, and presenting powerfully. Tracie is a former external auditor (Deloitte) and internal auditor (HFCL) from Canada, with 10 years’ experience in the financial industry in Canada and the U.S.
Key skills include
- Training, coaching and consulting internal audit for global communication skills
- Designing training programmes that combine skills learning with culture and language to ensure success of the participants working internationally
- Designing, creating and delivering customised, interactive workshops that bring measurable results for management
- Providing feedback and distance coaching to internal auditors on actual audit reports and training case studies
- Deep understanding of stakeholder requirements, audit report objectives, communication interactions within the audit process, and related challenges
Significant Projects/Audit Communication Skills
- 2015: Presenter at the annual DIIR Congress in Dresden, Germany, on Global Communication Competence and the International Internal Auditor.
- 2010-2017: Delivering a customised Audit Report Writing and Communication training programme to the Internal Audit within the European banking system. Over 250 auditors from 21 countries have participated to date.
- 2015-2016 Trained, coached and provided consulting services for 40 auditors including 5 Heads of Audit at a top German financial powerhouse as they overhauled their report writing methodology
- 2014-2015 Trained the Internal Audit team of a DAX30 medical device company on Audit Report Writing, including individual & team coaching, and development of an Audit Report Writing Style Guide. Reduced reporting review time by more than 50%.
- Deliver Report Writing and Interviewing skills workshops to DIIR clients since 2005.
- 3 years as senior auditor in Canada for a Schedule B lender, reporting directly to U.S.
- 4 years external audit in the financial industry with Deloitte in Toronto
- English native speaker
- German intermediate spoken
- Vice President Education, Heidelberg International Toastmasters Club, affiliated with Toastmasters International
Teilnahmebedingungen und Preis
- Unser neues Preismodell belohnt Sie als entscheidungskräftige Führungskraft mit einem besonderen Vorzugspreis. Frei nach dem Motto „Wer zuerst kommt, mahlt zuerst.“ Oder etwas internationaler formuliert „First come, first served“.
Was bedeutet das? Das heißt, um so früher Sie sich verbindlich anmelden, umso besser, kostengünstiger ist Ihr Preis.
- Zugleich belohnt unser innovatives Preismodell nicht nur Dynamik und Entscheidungskraft, sondern auch Sicherheit. Wie funktioniert das? Alle Teilnehmer, die sich bereits zu einem der Seminare angemeldet haben, werden mit Ihrer Funktion und Ihrem Unternehmen, allenfalls Ihrer Branche ausgewiesen. Somit sehen Sie also bereits, wer sich für das Training angemeldet hat. Damit wissen Sie genau, welche Sparringspartner für Sie im Training mit dabei sind.
Audit Managers, Internal Auditors
Interactive discussions, group work, practical exercises and activities, roleplays with group and trainer feedback
Donnerstag, 01. März 2018
08:30 – 17:00 Uhr
[8 CPE gemäß IIA Standards]
IBIS Hotel Frankfurt Centrum,
60327 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 69 273030
Stichwort „Audit Challenge“